Getting Ready Wedding Photo Ideas
- Author: Natali Grace Levine
- Reading time: 2 min 42 sec
- Publication date: 11/05/2022
The morning of your wedding is definitely the time you would like to remember till the end of your life. Gathering your besties around you for breakfast or morning tequilas while getting ready for your big day is a quality time to be captured perfectly. Letting a photographer do his job is a great idea, but what if at the end of the day you won’t like the pics he took? Of course, you have a vision in your head of how this all must go. So why don’t you make a list of snaps and discuss them with your photographer so that he does everything just right? After all, the emotions you’re about to experience will never be repeated.
Though you may have some ideas on which pictures to take, you probably wanna see more. And here we go! Wezoree prepared a checklist of getting ready wedding photo ideas for the bride and groom.
Bride getting ready photosPhoto by Dyanna LaMora
- Sipping the champagne (or whatever drink you choose)
- Getting your makeup done
- Laughing with your maid of honor
- Opening your groom’s gift
- Looking in the mirror
- Trying the dress for the first time
- Strapping on the shoes
- Standing by the window
- Putting on the veil
Tip: show off your ring!
The pic showing a hand of your master applying lipstick will look classy and pretty.
She has been by your side for many years, we’re sure there’s some funny stuff to recall.
A very emotional and intimate moment.
This one is especially great for showing off your makeup, dress, and accessories while not straightly posing for a camera.
Ask your mom or your maid of honor, or one of the bridesmaids to help you out.
Pictures of you touching your hair or wearing earrings are a great way to show off the important details of your look.
One more detail not to be missed.
Ask the groom to quietly come from behind and voilà genuine emotions guaranteed.
This is the finishing step to your bridal look.
Groom getting ready photosPhoto by Volodymyr Ivash
Tip: don’t carry your phone in your pocket while taking the pics, it gives a bad outline.
- Staying in the doorway/by the window
- Tying up the shoes
- The cufflinks!
- Let your groomsmen tell the toast
- Opening a present/Reading a card from your bride
- Having a chat with the groomsmen
- Having fun with your best man
- A serious one
- Heading to the ceremony
Let your photographer make a flat lay of your shoes, tie, watch, and boutonniere for example.
With your pants and shirt on and the bowtie yet untied.
A close-up picture is a classic one.
With a bottle of scotch (or anything else you drink).
A very emotional moment.
Just as girls you must have funny stories to discuss.
With all of you standing next to each other pretending to shoot an Agent 007-styled pic. Or try the V formation.
Live, spontaneous pictures showing your true feelings.
Getting ready photos with bridesmaidsPhoto by Ashley Ice
- Morning coffee
- Getting ready
- Jumping on the bed
- Dancing to your favorite songs
Cool tip: make a surprise for your besties by buying them customized cups.
When all the girls get ready together - that sounds like so much fun!
Remember how you loved doing it being a kid?
Go prepare the playlist!
Getting ready wedding photo ideas tipsPhoto by Tanya Bondarenko
When everything has been already said there are still a few tips not to forget.
- Let the bridesmaids dress first.
- Ask the photographer to snap the candids.
- Get a spacious room for the photoshoot so that many people can fit in it.
- If it's a summer wedding or a destination one (in a hot country), make sure there’s an air conditioner in the room.
- The room is better to be bright and airy.
- Don’t forget about something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!
And now, darling, when your getting ready wedding pictures are perfect it’s time to think of the further photoshoot! We got you! Here’s a whole article on how to do a natural wedding photo session.