Contact Venue
Address: 2710 Mayer Cemetary Rd Round Top, Round Top, TX 78954
Website: lieselfarm.com
Liesel Farm Venue | Reviews
1 Reviews for Liesel Farm
Married couple on 18 Apr 2026
I had a very difficult experience with Liesel Farm as my wedding venue, and I'd encourage future brides to look elsewhere. My husband and I were married here on April 18, 2026. Throughout planning, I found the management inconsistent and inflexible, and it often felt like the goalposts were shifting. After the wedding, we took Liesel Farm to small claims court and the court ruled in our favor! Even with that resolution, I believe brides and their families will save themselves a lot of tears and headaches by choosing a different venue.
I could write a novel on everything my family and I went through, but I'll keep this factual and limit it to two specific examples so you can weigh it yourself:
1. We agreed to rent a white bar from Liesel Farm for cocktail hour for $495. On the morning of the wedding, management requested that we pay the invoice. Shortly after confirming that payment was received, management told us we would not be allowed to use the bar and no refund would be issued (despite requesting and accepting payment only moments earlier). With the ceremony only hours away, there was nothing we could do.
2. Before the wedding, we paid the required $5,000 damage deposit. After the wedding, the venue did not return it, even though there was no damage to the property.
After the wedding, my family filed in Fayette County small claims court to recover part of what we'd paid. On September 11, 2026, the court ruled in our favor on the two large claims, awarding $5,495 plus filing fees for the damage deposit ($5,000) and the white bar charge ($495). The venue has since paid the judgment.
Beyond the items covered in the lawsuit, planning with Liesel Farm was consistently difficult, in stark contrast to every other vendor we hired, all of whom were kind, communicative, and clearly loved their work. The venue runs extremely lean, and it showed. Communication was slow and inconsistent, and on multiple occasions management would not respond directly to me, my mom, or our wedding coordinator, instead routing messages through our wedding coordinator's colleague, making getting direct answers take much longer than it should have. Before signing, communication was frequent, positive, and encouraging. After signing, responsiveness dropped sharply and the tone became noticeably less accommodating. As a bride planning from out of town, I never felt like our wedding was a priority, and it was disheartening.
My advice: if you're considering Liesel Farm, try to find a recent bride who enjoyed her experience. If you can't find a single one online or through social media, look elsewhere. If you do move forward with Liesel Farm, get everything in writing, record every verbal agreement, and have a lawyer review the contract.
Choosing Liesel Farm was the biggest mistake my family and I made related to my wedding, and I hope future brides heed this warning!
I could write a novel on everything my family and I went through, but I'll keep this factual and limit it to two specific examples so you can weigh it yourself:
1. We agreed to rent a white bar from Liesel Farm for cocktail hour for $495. On the morning of the wedding, management requested that we pay the invoice. Shortly after confirming that payment was received, management told us we would not be allowed to use the bar and no refund would be issued (despite requesting and accepting payment only moments earlier). With the ceremony only hours away, there was nothing we could do.
2. Before the wedding, we paid the required $5,000 damage deposit. After the wedding, the venue did not return it, even though there was no damage to the property.
After the wedding, my family filed in Fayette County small claims court to recover part of what we'd paid. On September 11, 2026, the court ruled in our favor on the two large claims, awarding $5,495 plus filing fees for the damage deposit ($5,000) and the white bar charge ($495). The venue has since paid the judgment.
Beyond the items covered in the lawsuit, planning with Liesel Farm was consistently difficult, in stark contrast to every other vendor we hired, all of whom were kind, communicative, and clearly loved their work. The venue runs extremely lean, and it showed. Communication was slow and inconsistent, and on multiple occasions management would not respond directly to me, my mom, or our wedding coordinator, instead routing messages through our wedding coordinator's colleague, making getting direct answers take much longer than it should have. Before signing, communication was frequent, positive, and encouraging. After signing, responsiveness dropped sharply and the tone became noticeably less accommodating. As a bride planning from out of town, I never felt like our wedding was a priority, and it was disheartening.
My advice: if you're considering Liesel Farm, try to find a recent bride who enjoyed her experience. If you can't find a single one online or through social media, look elsewhere. If you do move forward with Liesel Farm, get everything in writing, record every verbal agreement, and have a lawyer review the contract.
Choosing Liesel Farm was the biggest mistake my family and I made related to my wedding, and I hope future brides heed this warning!