Wedding Photography in New York: Tips & Advice For Brides From Top Photographers: Haseok Chung Studio
- Author: Natali Grace Levine
- Reading time: 3 min 48 sec
- Publication date: 04/04/2023
- What’s your favorite location for shooting the engagement in NYC?
- What locations can you advise for the first look photoshoot in NY?
- Have you got a list of venues where you like to work the most? Name a few of them
- What hotels would you recommend for getting ready photoshoot in New York?
- What makes a great wedding photograph?
- What’s your main advice to brides for managing stress?
- What’s your main advice for couples to feel comfortable in front of the camera?
- What advice can you give future brides in choosing the right photographer for their big day?
Every couple dreams of having their perfect wedding captured in stunning photographs that will be cherished for a lifetime. And that's precisely what Haseok Chung, an award-winning wedding photographer, delivers with his exceptional talent and artistic vision. From intimate elopements to grand celebrations, Haseok Chung Studio has become one of the most sought-after photography studios in the industry. In this interview, we had the pleasure of asking Haseok about the useful tips for couples planning their big day. So, whether you're a bride-to-be or a photography enthusiast, get ready to be inspired and captivated by the insights of one of the most talented photographers in the business.
What’s your favorite location for shooting the engagement in NYC?
The West Village, located in the heart of Manhattan, is a charming and picturesque neighborhood that offers a unique and unforgettable setting for weddings. Here are some reasons why you might consider choosing the West Village for your wedding:
- Romantic and Intimate Setting: With its narrow, tree-lined streets, historic brownstones, and quaint cafes and shops, the West Village exudes a romantic and intimate ambiance that is perfect for weddings. Its cozy and charming atmosphere creates a sense of warmth and familiarity that will make your guests feel right at home.
- Iconic Venues: The West Village is home to some of the most iconic wedding venues in New York City, such as The High Line Hotel, The Waverly Inn, and The Village Underground. These venues offer a unique blend of historic and modern architecture, providing a stunning backdrop for your special day.
- Gorgeous Photo Opportunities: The West Village is a photographer's paradise, with its beautiful parks, historic buildings, and stunning views of the Hudson River. From the iconic Washington Square Park to the quaint cobblestone streets of the Meatpacking District, there are endless opportunities to capture beautiful and timeless photos that will last a lifetime.
What locations can you advise for the first look photoshoot in NY?
“Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights Promenade”
Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights Promenade are two of the most popular locations in New York City for wedding first look photoshoots, and here are some reasons why:
- Breathtaking Views: Dumbo is known for its stunning views of the Manhattan skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the East River. Brooklyn Heights Promenade, on the other hand, offers sweeping views of the Statue of Liberty, the New York Harbor, and the Lower Manhattan skyline. These iconic landmarks provide a dramatic and unforgettable backdrop for your first look photoshoot.
- Unique Architecture: Dumbo is home to some of the most unique and historic architecture in New York City, with its iconic brick buildings, cobblestone streets, and industrial warehouses. Brooklyn Heights, on the other hand, is known for its stately brownstones, elegant townhouses, and tree-lined streets. These architectural gems provide a beautiful and distinctive setting for your photoshoot.
- Variety of Locations: In addition to the waterfront and the architecture, Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights offer a variety of locations for your first look photoshoot. From the scenic Brooklyn Bridge Park to the charming streets of Vinegar Hill, there are endless options for capturing beautiful and unique photos.
- Convenience: Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights are both easily accessible by public transportation and offer a variety of amenities, such as restaurants, cafes, and shops, that make it easy to plan a full day of activities and celebrations around your photoshoot.
Have you got a list of venues where you like to work the most? Name a few of them
“620 Loft and Garden, Oheka Castle, Park Chateau”
620 Loft and Garden is a stunning rooftop venue located in the heart of Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. With its lush garden and breathtaking views of St. Patrick's Cathedral and the city skyline, it offers a unique and unforgettable setting for weddings and events.
Oheka Castle, located in Huntington, Long Island, is a magnificent historic mansion that has been featured in movies and television shows. The castle boasts stunning gardens, elegant ballrooms, and luxurious accommodations, providing a fairytale-like setting for weddings and events.
Park Chateau, located in East Brunswick, New Jersey, is a luxurious estate that offers both indoor and outdoor spaces for weddings and events. With its opulent ballroom, grand staircase, and beautifully landscaped gardens, it provides a sophisticated and elegant setting for celebrations of all sizes.
What hotels would you recommend for getting ready photoshoot in New York?
“James Hotel, Mandarin Hotel, Time square edition”
The James Hotel is a stylish boutique hotel located in the heart of SoHo in Manhattan. With its sleek and modern design, luxurious amenities, and rooftop bar and lounge, it offers a chic and sophisticated setting for weddings and events.
The Mandarin Oriental, located in Columbus Circle in Manhattan, is a world-renowned luxury hotel that offers unparalleled service and amenities. With its stunning views of Central Park and the city skyline, exquisite dining options, and elegant event spaces, it provides a truly unforgettable setting for weddings and events.
What makes a great wedding photograph?
“Teamwork with a couple and other vendors.”
What’s your main advice to brides for managing stress?
“Just leave everything to your professional vendors and enjoy the happy moments”
What’s your main advice for couples to feel comfortable in front of the camera?
“Have an engagement session or mini-session with your wedding photographer! Find out their style through them and it makes you more comfortable in front of the camera on your big day.”
What advice can you give future brides in choosing the right photographer for their big day?
“Don’t just figure out their style through Instagram!
Visit or meet them at their studios and look at their sample prints or albums! You are not paying so much investment just for that small photos on social media!”